Friday, November 26, 2010

Day 23

It snowed!! James and Johnny were both very excited and impressed with it. I had a lot of fun playing with the kids today AND I got a ton of cleaning done (much overdue cleaning).  James had preschool this morning so I took advantage and mopped the kitchen with Johnny. I just took his shoes off and let him wander in wet socks to eliminate his slips (it mostly worked).  And I suppose that mop is not the right word for what I did to the kitchen floor.  I pretty much flooded it with water and soap and scrubbed every inch!  It is so clean!  Of course, later in the day James dropped a raw egg on it so I had to redo that section.  I also moved our dryer from the balcony outside back to the kitchen but not before scrubbing all the dust off it.  This is because it is freezing outside and we are trying to save electricity by making our dryer work as lightly as possible and heating up a freezing dryer takes a lot of energy.
I got James and fed the kids and played with them a bit and cleaned the living room (so that I could mop it).  When the kids went to bed I mopped the living room and entryway which were both disgusting!  I also did some homework, lots of laundry and lots of dishes.
When James woke up he asked if we could make crepes and so we did.  This is when he accidentally dropped an egg on the floor.  He asked for chocolate in his crepe so I put a bit in.  Then Johnny woke up and we played blocks for a while.  Then James heard the leaf blower going outside.  He insisted that we all go outside to see them.  It took a while to get everyone ready (Johnny looks so cute in James' old snowsuit).  James is finally to the age where he keeps his gloves on!  Unfortunately, right when we got outside the leaf blowers went home for the weekend.  James was sad but we played in the leaves and snow that was left from the morning.  James and Johnny "slid" down the hill on their bums and pretty much got super muddy.  We came in when Johnny finally got too cold and started crying. 
I made a zucchini and onion quiche with gruyere cheese on top for the boys.  I'm sure it was good.  Brian got home at a decent hour and we played with the kids.  It was a busy but good day. 
I got to thinking and even though I post what I eat every day I have never counted up the calories.  I'm doing it today.
Breakfast: 1 melba toast.......Calories:  19
Lunch: Shrimp......................Calories:  110
           tomatoes...................Calories:  75
Snack  1 melba toast............Calories:  19
           1 medium orange.......Calories:  65
Dinner: Shrimp......................Calories:  110
            2 onions....................Calories:  90

Total daily intake...................Calories:  488

I did miss my apple which is why I ate more onions tonight. Not too shabby but it does really look small when it is written out like that. 
And I almost forgot to post my weight for today.  I stayed exactly the same as yesterday.  I weighed in at 165.2 again.  Today was my last day on the drops and so I now have 3 days on 500 calories but with no drops.  I'm very interested to see if they really do "stay in my system" during those days or if I am dying of hunger by the end.  We will find out.

1 comment:

Brittany Roscheck said...

I don't think I could ever do a 500 calorie diet! I could eat all of what you said for breakfast...minus the fact that I don't like shrimp. I am very impressed with you OR is it the drops? Love, Wu