Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Day 13. Half way there!?!

I can't believe that I am already halfway through this diet. It has gone by amazingly well. I have no doubt that I will finish it perfectly.  This morning I weighed in at 170.0 which means that I have lost 11 lbs so far.  If this holds steady then I will lose a total of 22 lbs by the end.  We will see where it ends up coming in at.
Today I ate ground beef (seasoned up like tacos) over chopped romaine, one melba toast and an apple for lunch.  For dinner I had beef, fennel soup (I made it), one melba toast and an orange for dinner.  I also drank a whole bunch of water.  I've been drinking over 2 liters each day since this diet is as much a cleanse as it is a weight loss strategy and water is needed to process all the crap out of my body. 
I'm actually feeling more energized than ever with this diet which I really hadn't expected but I had read about. I have had a few people question/diss certain aspects of my diet (aren't you just losing water weight?, I prefer to do things thenatural, old-fashioned way with eating right and exercise...bla.bla.bla.) and I just don't get why people have to diss. 
First off, I am drinking enough water to gain a few pounds each day and the salt intake on this diet is not monitored so it isn't water weight (I can tell just by looking at my belly).
Secondly, just because I am doing this weight loss quickly and with homeopathics doesn't mean it isn't real or work.  Actually, I am proud that I found a way to take some of the pain out of this diet. In the long run I know that I will be healthier for getting the weight faster rather than slower.  It is just that much less time that my body has to deal with this fat.  And, I think that some people have a misunderstanding about what homeopathics really are.  One person commented that they could never mess with hormones by giving themselves HCG. Bascially, there is less HCG in the homeopathic than you probably produce during a normal period.  What the homeopathic does is it tells your body to do what HCG tells it to do.  And one of the best parts of this diet is that it IS supposed to reset your hypothalamus gland in a effort to restart and reset your metabolism.  I think it is hard for some people to understand that sometimes certain things happen to people's bodies and it messes things up which affects the metabolism and the ability to lose weight.  Naturally, if you don't have a weight problem then it is easy to tell fat people to stop eating or to move more.  I personally feel that while I was on my mission (where I really started gaining weight) that I was exposed to so many toxins and so much stress that my body was damaged and that it really does need to be reset.  This is the first time in years (since my mission) that I haven't felt tired all day long.  That is how I know that this diet is doing what it really is supposed to do. So, despite the naysayers (I prefer to believe that they simply don't have all the correct information) I feel that this is a great diet for anyone who has suffered from an event which caused their body to begin to take on excess weight.  I used to sleep well and feel energized.  During my mission that went away (not because of the work but because of the toxins there).  Now I am finally getting myself back.  My energy is way up and just since this diet it is Brian that is begging me to go to bed and not the other way around. 
I have a lot more I could say/explain but that will suffice for now.  I'm going to bed.  Can't wait to see what the scale says tomorrow.

1 comment:

Brittany Roscheck said...

What is melba toast? All I have to say is you have me convinced that this is a good thing...I am tempted to do the dang diet and I don't even have much weight to lose. I am working on my final 5 last pounds. Mostly just my belly fat. Good luck. I didn't eat chocolate yesterday and none today...yet! Let's see if I can keep it up.