Saturday, November 6, 2010

Day 3

I was very surprised this morning to weigh in at 180.6. I thought for sure I would have gained a couple of pounds after eating so much yesterday. Guess not. Today I wan't hungry at all or feeling deprived. I am actually allowed what I feel like it quite a bit of food. At least when I put it all on a small salad plate it fills it right up.
I am not allowed any breakfast (unless I want to rob other meals and eat less later) but since I'm not much of a morning eater it didn't affect me at all. I was more interested to see how I would feel after dinner tonight. Let me correct my earlier statement. I am allowed coffee or tea with 1 tabelspoon of milk for breakfast and since I don't drink or like any of those options I stuck with water.
So for lunch I had 100 grams of steak with all the visible fat cut off (weighed raw) and cooked with no added fat. I also had 100 grams of spinach (no butter), 1 apple and 1 grissini (an italian cracker that is easily found in the stores here). This diet was first developed in Italy hence the grissini but melba toast can be substituted.
For dinner I had 100 grams of chicken breast with all the visible fat cut away and cooked the same as above. I had 100 grams of spinach again since it goes bad quickly, 1 orange and 1 grissini.
Basically, I am allowed 2 very controlled meals each day with 100 g of very lean protein, one fruit, one vegetable and 1 grissini per meal. The fruits and veggies are limited to a small list of what is acceptable as well but you can google to find out that info. Needless to say, I was flawless on my diet today and didn't suffer hunger at all (of course, I wasn't stuffed like yesterday either). I'm very excited to see what the scale says in the morning.
Apparently it is common to lose 8-10 lbs. the first week. I hope that is me but even 5 will do. After all, it is only a 3 week diet. I can do this easily for 3 weeks. And I don't have to stress at all about what I'm going to eat!

No comments: